Timeless Checkered

Thursday, January 30, 2014



 Photographed by Marissa Alves


FUR COLLAR SCARF & KNEE HIGH SOCKS: Japan
CHECK DRESS: Thrifted via Buffalo Exchange
SUNGLASSES: Free People
PLATFORM HEELS: ShoeDazzle


______________________


This set was shot a while ago, but I didn't have a chance to share. I was asked to model for a school project of my photographer friend Merissa. The main purpose was to create an editorial photoshoot with a concept emphasizing dark theme and lots of action. We went with dark make up with red lips and wearing heels to create a sense of being "tall and powerful". 
We shot a couple of outfits, and this is the first set of them. Although it was my first time working with her, I super-enjoyed her photographing me -- an amazing photographer, I have to say!

My styling for the first outfit is to achieve the combination of past, modern and future.  The checkerboard dress emphasizes the 60's vibe and is paired with knee high socks and platform heels to embrace the modern. I finalized this look with hair ponytailed on the top hanging down over my face which worked well as I focused on posing. As she pressed the shutter, I tried to embody a sense action and movement, bringing in some unnatural, awkward poses to give a surreal, modern tension.

I hope you enjoyed the first editorial photos and stay tuned for the others which are totally different  and just as exciting!


Have a nice day ;) 



______________________ 




♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ STAY FASHIONABLE, STAY UNIQUE ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥

Thank you for reading!!!!

XOXO



You Might Also Like

2 fashionable comments

  1. wow your friend is great! these pictures are amazing and i love your poses girl!

    xoxo
    loveisalittlenumber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit/see my blog and leave your comment!!!!
Your comments always make me happy and even make my day so lovely!!!


xoxo

★AikA★

Biểu mẫu liên hệ

Name

Email *

Message *